I have just been working on finalizing contents to a few classes that I am teaching here locally at Scrapbooks, ETC. We have just kinda added these into the summer line up there, they are not noted on the schedule they mailed out earlier- but if you are going to be around over the 4th, then come and play!
On July 1st and 2nd I will be teaching a total of 4 classes.
1. HKS Secrets- this is a really FUN and fast paced class that explores SO many possibilities with masks. We’ll be combining the NEW ‘mega masks’ with the ones that have been around for awhile to get all new, totally cool results! add in some stamping, layering, inking, blending inks, shading, shadowing and MORE… equals TOTALLY inspiring! It’s perfect for those totally new to masking and exciting for those who have been doing it as long as my masks have been around! We create 5 12” layouts; so you learn AND you’re totally productive! How awesome is that?
2. TONS of TECHNIQUES: Inks, paints, gesso, …oh my!
There is more packed into this class than any other! We’ll start off learning 6 fabulous techniques to use with the Heidi Swapp Invisibles chipboard and paper and a slew of Ranger products. We’ll be creating a unique tiered bracket book using one simple template and students will learn yet one more inky technique as we finish off the front and back cover of the book, and use 7 gypsies new “Binderie” to bring it all together!
You’ll play and experiment with inks, paints, alcohol inks, distress, gesso and even custom color sprays …all from Ranger, and even make a Mini-BOOK! (gasp)!
3. House of 3 PROJECT Central:
In this class we’ll be creating 2 FUN projects featured on House of 3:
1. Celebration Countdown: We’ll be creating a fun countdown wall hanging project that is easy and useful! We’ll be working from printed downloaded files from House of 3, trimming, inking and assembling and completing! (I hour)
2. “You are loved” mini book (this link shows off a version that Janet Hopkins made using this kit back in Feb. We'll be using all different papers and supplies to create the same book!) that features a variety of templates printed on coordinating cardstock used to cover chipboard. Clear and Sticker elements will be combined to create and complete a book ready to ‘just add photos’.
3. Thank you Card BONUS project… depending on how FAST we move through the class, we will create 2 clever thank you cards to have on hand, and leaving with the PDF files and know-how to create more as needed.
Students will learn tips and tricks, secrets and solutions for utilizing hybrid scrapbooking files and how to navigate and be TOTALLY inspired by House of 3. Kits will include everything needed to complete these 3 projects.
4. FAMILY ALBUM and YuDO training class
Ok, so this will rock your world and get your brain spinning with possibilities! This class has 2 important parts
Part 1: I will be educating and instructing how to use Provo Craft’s new Yudo machine: the do-it-yourself home silk-screen machine. This is SUCH an amazing and fun tool to have, and has endless applications and possibilities. I will give and OVERVIEW on how to create a screen start to finish, and supply step-by-step instructions to create. I’ll also highlight all the parts and pieces that make this cool-tool work!
Part 2: the project! We will be creating a 6x12 mini-book and using the Yudu to create the covers. We will prep the chipboard covers with yummy Claudine Hellmuth paints and her ‘sticky backed canvas’ to get a fabulous (individualized) background that we’ll then screen print on our surfaces. I have designed these fun titles exclusively for this class! Students will also receive an EXCLUSIVE set of screened embellishments to use throughout the book. Pages of the book will be made from Bazzill cardstock and heidi swapp papers. I’ll be sharing some cool tips on prepping the inside pages and we’ll put it all together using the ‘bind-it-all’ machine!
here is a little peek into what I have been creating with using the Yudu… it’s SUPER fun stuff.
we'll be doing this in the class... painting on chipboard, then screenprinting:
and this is another one we'll be playing with in class: painting and screen printing on Claudine Hellmuth's sticky backed canvas... this stuff is SO awesome! i LOVE it!
this is more painting with Claudine's paints (Ranger stuff) onto Bazzill chipboard sheets, and then adding stamps and screenprinting. this particular design is Liz's...i this it's SO cute. and LOVE the tiny details you can get!
this is on painted chipboard as well, this is the screen i used for Quincy's b-day party. this one has had a lot of use! i used it on mirror, scrapbook pages, chipboard and tons of shirts!
and here it is on a CIRCLE chipboard piece with tons of stamps and distress inks added:
i love the impact that you can get w/ the white ink!
so as you can see... i basically was screen printing anything i could get my hands on! it's so much fun! so come and play at Scrapbooks, ETC.. you can reach them by calling: 480-854-2303 or email me (see link under my picture above) with any questions!! we'll totally be beating the heat! They keep the store NICE and COOL!! smiles...